Monday, September 3, 2007

For and From my Knittin' pals

From and for my knittin' pals ...

A knit swap ... how fun! Here's my Xmas around the World Knitters Swap questionnaire:

Are you religious? yes ... spiritual and Catholic (or, rather, Catholic and spiritual)
How long have you been knitting? All my life, though I picked it up again this past winter, 30 years after my mom put my first pair of knitting needles in my hands. I'm a beginner, but there is nothing that my mom and I couldn't conquer.
Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting? Reading, Gardening, and avoiding homework.
Favorite color(s)? Favorite color today? Green. Soft, mint green.
Do you collect anything? I'm partial to funky purses.
Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? I'm allergic to cats. That doesn't diminish my love and devotion to my outdoor cat, Bootsy.
Do you have any pets? Yes. Bootsy and Bronson - 8 year old yellow lab.
Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate? Oh my! Hot chocolate.
Cookies or Sweets? Cookies. Better yet, cookie dough.
Do you knit socks? Haven't tried yet.
If not socks then what? (tell us about your favorite knits) So far, I've knit a scarf (the endless scarf) and 2 purses. My next project is a hat.
Do you put up a Christmas tree? Absolutely. And I leave it up as long as I possibly can.
Favorite holiday treats? Christmas cookies - all kinds
Favorite holiday smells? Pine.
Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? Please elaborate. Traditional filled with family. Though one favorite memory was when mom and dad were recovering from pneumonia. I stayed home and took a long walk around the lake. It was deserted, white, and filled with potential for the new year!
What are your favorite holiday traditions? Being the 'gift-passer-outter' at our traditional Christmas Eve meal. Though I'm well into my 40s, and there are young-uns that want to take on that responsibility, it's mine ... all mine.
Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about....” Reading Frost's "Stopping By the Woods on a Snowy Evening," Christmas Eve appetizers and champagne at the folks', Christmas meal at my sister's in my pajamas and dozens of friends and family (in their pajamas).
If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…….? RED!
What was your favorite gift you've ever received? A box of old piano sheet music. My mom and I spent the entire vacation playing duets. Or given? Pictures. Being the family archivist, it's fun to come up with creative gifts using old Prom photos and the like.
When do you start your Christmas? As soon as the tree is up, the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
Do you send Christmas cards? Sometimes. Do you make them or buy them? Both.
What is your favorite Christmas dish? anything cheesy
Carolers are at your door. What do you do? Beg to join them on their rounds.
When do you open presents? Eve.
Do you celebrate with family or friends or both? BOTH!

Thanks to the gals who've organized and arranged this! How fun! Thanks in advance to my special knittin' pal.

Cheers!

4 comments:

Knittymuggins said...

Thanks so much for sharing Connie! Sounds like a lovely holiday at your house :) Hope you're enjoying the swap so far and thanks for filling out your questionnaire!

Anonymous said...

I would be very happy if you come to swap gift with us!
have a nice day!
Mama
http://www.sirpriz.com
Swap gift communauty

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie,
love your blog, especially the pics. I'm looking forward to spoiling you. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie,

just stoppin' to get more ideas for your package. funky purses huh?! now I think I have just the thing for ya. off to find it in the right color. have a great one. ;)